Robert G. Howard, MD
Dr. Howard earned his medical degree with honors at Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts. His residency in Orthopaedic Surgery was completed at the State University of New York Health Science Center, Brooklyn, New York. He completed fellowship training in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina.
After practicing Orthopaedic Trauma in Texas, Dr. Howard is pleased to be returning to the triangle region. His clinical interests include pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket) surgery, complex upper and lower extremity trauma, hip and knee joint replacement, and knee joint arthroscopy.
Dr. Howard resides in Raleigh and enjoys hiking, sports, and family vacations.
- Undergraduate: Boston University, Boston, MA, Bachelor of Arts, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, Doctor of Medicine
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, State University of New York Health Sciences Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Trauma, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Magna Cum Laude (Undergraduate)
- Cum Laude (Graduate)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- National Collegiate Medical Professional Award
- USAA All-American Scholar Collegiate Award
- 2nd Annual Lois Ann Nichols Award for Outstanding Teaching Fellow