Russell J. Norris, MD
Dr. Russell Norris was raised in New Bern, North Carolina. He received his bachelor's degree from North Carolina State University and attended medical school at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the Greenville Hospital System and then continued his postgraduate training with a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Chattanooga, TN.
Dr. Norris has presented research nationally on hip arthroscopy, femoral neck and shaft fractures, displaced ankle fractures, and tibial fracture wounds. Dr. Norris' specialty interests will include traumatic and post traumatic conditions.
Dr. Norris resides in the triangle and is a certified pilot who enjoys boating, camping, hiking, and traveling.
- Undergraduate: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry, Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry
- Medical School: University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, Doctor of Medicine
- Internship: Orthopaedic, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, SC
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, SC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Barret Medical Scholarship
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine Honor Court
- Valedictorian at NC State University
- Caldwell Scholar
- National Merit Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- J. Fulton Lutz Scholar
- Gamma Sigma Delta Senior Research Award
- Eagle Scout